Create Your Legacy with Classic Jewelry
Maybe you're not all about dropping thousands of dollars on a trendy piece of jewelry with a style expiration date – and we get that! You want something glamorous that can be worn throughout your lifetime and even passed down for generations to come. You want jewelry that can become a part of your legacy.
A great place to start is with diamonds and pearls. Diamonds and pearls are among the most classic pieces of jewelry that a woman can own, containing a luster that won't fade with time and a neutral shade that works with any outfit. Throughout time, you'll find these timeless gems in the possession of virtually anyone, from queens and actresses to mothers, great aunts, and even children. They're in the stores of today and yesterday, in museums and household jewelry boxes, and in bank vaults and dresser drawers.
But there is so much more to finding the right timeless piece than just the fact that it is a pearl or diamond. Here are some other details to consider while hunting for your ideal jewelry classic:
Traditional Designs that Fit Your Style
Are you all about the glam? For some real statements of sparkle and shine try these designs:
- • Tennis Bracelets and Necklaces
- • Eternity Bands
- • Large Strand Necklaces and Beaded Bracelets
- • Drop Earrings
If sophistication is more your thing, go with styles that are more refined and subdued:
Need an element of interest? Try these classic motifs:
Colors that Won't Fade Out
It's true that the popularity of gemstone colors and metal tones change with time. Years ago, rose pink and yellow gold were all the rave, while today, everything is about emerald green and silver. But classic colors are consistently fabulous, no matter the current trend – classy two-tone gold, silky white pearls, and stunning near colorless diamonds. However, if this is too mild for your taste, try a timeless pop of color with rich, royal blue sapphire. The shade of the sapphire never goes out of style and is often thought of as an alternative to diamonds.
If traditional diamonds and pearls don't fit your budget, have no fear. Try these fabulous low-cost alternatives:
- • Instead of diamonds, buy CZs, white zircon, rock crystal, or white topaz.
- • Instead of saltwater pearls, buy freshwater pearls, white jade, or mother-of-pearl.
- • Instead of two-tone gold, buy mixed metal, such as sterling silver with gold plating.
Follow our Pinterest Classic Jewelry board for more design inspirations and ideas!
- 3-Stone or Solitaire Engagement Rings
- Diamond Buying Guide
- Colored Gemstones
- Colored Gemstones Enhancements
- Pearl Buying Guide
- Style Tips – Fashion and Accessorizing Videos
- Tips to Easily Update Your Jewelry Wardrobe
- Look Your Best during Any 9-5 Situation
- How to Get Multiple Looks From a Single Necklace
- Earring Jewelry
- Necklace Jewelry