What Kind of Jewelry Should You Wear with a Black Dress?
When it comes to pulling the perfect outfit from your closet for a night out, a little black dress is a timeless option that is flattering on virtually any body type and is a practical, yet always fashionable choice. Though black is versatile, it does call for one thing to make it truly stand out: jewelry!
Complement Your Black Dress
So how do you go about choosing black dress jewelry? This decision may seem overwhelming at first because a black dress can be paired with just about anything!
Where do you begin? Here a few tips that may help you pick the right jewelry for your style and taste… that will also complement your black dress.
Make A Statement
Wearing a little black dress is the perfect opportunity to make a statement with your jewelry. If you have a particular piece of jewelry that is a statement maker – an oversized gemstone cocktail ring, a long bib necklace, or a dramatic stack of bangles, a black dress is an ideal canvas to put those pieces on display!
What to Consider
There are a few factors to consider when choosing what jewelry to wear with a black dress…
For a formal occasion…
- Style your dress with a classy pearl necklace and pearl earring combination
- Try on a pair of gemstone chandelier earrings or gemstone drop earrings for a burst of color
- Stay in line with the black theme by adding dramatic and bold black onyx jewelry
For a casual occasion…
For a deep, V-neckline…
- Choose a pendant necklace on the longer side (try 18" and up), that mirrors the same v-neckline
- Add a long chain necklace, station necklace or lariat pull-through design
For a square or scoop neckline…
- Choose a necklace length that is either shorter or longer than your neckline to keep things neat
- To go shorter, try a choker necklace or short pendant necklace (try between 14"-16")
- To go longer, try a long station necklace, rope chain necklace or layers of long beaded necklaces
For a strapless dress…
- Stand out and accentuate your neck and shoulders with a bold choker, or skip the necklace and go for long, dramatic chandelier earrings or long linear earrings
For a halter-top dress…
- Since a halter neckline takes the place of a necklace, add a chic pair of drop earrings or a charming bangle bracelet or cuff bracelet to complete the look
No matter what jewelry combination you choose, remember with a little black dress, it is hard to go wrong, especially when you shop the Ross-Simons collection! At Ross-Simons, our legendary low prices will allow you to style your outfit with the finest jewelry, down to every last detail. And remember, wearing your jewelry is a way to express your own unique style and have fun in the process. Wear the Ross-Simons pieces you love with confidence and grace, and everyone will see your beauty radiate from the inside out!