"Very Merry Diamond" Sweepstakes Rules
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR LEGAL RESIDENTS IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL US COMMENWEALTHS AND TERRITORIES) ONLY, WHO ARE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. INTERNET ACCESS AND EMAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED.
Official Rules — Ross-Simons "Very Merry Diamond" Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes")
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
- The “Sweepstakes Period” is from 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (ET), October 2, 2013 ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:54:59 pm ET, December 30, 2013 ("Sweepstakes-End"). Sponsor’s computer clock governs time for website entries and Facebook.com’s computer clock governs time for Facebook entries.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and D.C., who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence who have Internet access. Void in all US possessions, external commonwealths and territories. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children including step children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of Ross-Simons (“Sponsor”) and TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY (“Administrator”), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting and production agencies (the “Sweepstakes Entities”), Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”) and anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- How to Enter: This Sweepstakes is entered only on the Internet. Individuals who have access to the World Wide Web on the Internet and are the authorized users of an Internet email address may enter. • Complete the entry form found by going to www.ross-simons.com/sweeps on the Internet or by completing a pop-up box that will appear from time to time on www.ross-simons.com during the Sweepstakes Period. You will receive one (1) entry. Or • Enter during the Sweepstakes Period by going to www.facebook.com/Ross.Simons.Jewelry/, You will be asked to “like” the page. Click on the “Win” tab that says “Very Merry Diamond Giveaway” and enter all the requested information. You will receive one (1) entry. LIMIT ONE ENTRY PER PERSON OR EMAIL ADDRESS DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD REGARDLESS OF METHOD OF ENTRY. In both methods of entry above you will be asked for your first name, last name, ZIP Code and a working, valid email address for which you are the authorized email user. An “Authorized email user” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet mail provider, Internet access provider, online service provider, online email provider or an organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account. Entries must be made by an individual from a stand-alone computer/mobile device and may not be made by proxy or any electronic/automated means such as, without limitation, script, bot, macro or any other similar software or program. You may not enter with multiple email addresses and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries. All discovered entries made in violation of these Official Rules will be deleted. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and the Administrator and not to Facebook.
- Winner Selection:One (1) winner will be selected in random drawings from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Winner will be selected on or about five (5) days after Sweepstakes-End and will be notified within five (5) days after the selection is made via email to the email address entered upon Sweepstakes registration. It is an entrant’s responsibility to keep her/his email address current. It is a potential winner’s responsibility to respond to an email message notification within three (3) business days of email send-time indicating acceptance of the prize and providing full contact information (PO Boxes not acceptable). Failure to do so will indicate definitively that the prize has been declined for all time and another potential winner will be chosen in a random drawing. Once full contact information has been received, a potential Grand Prize winner will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release via email that will have to be completed and returned within three (3) business days or it will be concluded that the prize has been declined and another potential winner will be chosen in random drawings. Sponsor and Administrator not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email messages. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prize and the value stated in these Official Rules will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Administrator, in accordance with these Official Rules.
- Prize, Approximate Retail Value (ARV) and Odds: (1) Grand Prize — a pair of 2.00 ct. t.w. Diamond Stud Earrings in 14kt. White Gold. ARV: - $3,995. Should the value of the prize awarded be less than the ARV in these Official Rules, the difference will not be awarded in cash or kind. The prize is awarded “as is.” A prize will be awarded only if it is claimed properly according to these Official Rules. Odds of winning the prize: Dependant on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- General: By participating in this Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration and winner selection will be conducted by the Administrator, an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to question any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or Facebook or cannot click-through for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, and for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, problems with Facebook.com, force majeure, human errors, including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor’s or Facebook's representatives and/or agents who enter incorrect information into any of Sponsor’s or agent’s computer systems. Proof of entry is not proof of entry receipt. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention (hacking), fraud, technical failures, force majeure, human error or any other causes beyond Sponsor’s/Facebook's control. Should the Sweepstakes be cancelled, a potential winner will be chosen from all the non-suspect, eligible entries. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any discovered entry from the Sweepstakes if, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, entrant has not fully complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant’s discovered entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means, or a greater number of times, other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook assume no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person's/entity's computer hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause.
- By entering this Sweepstakes, a participant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook, their successors, estates and assigns and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all “costs”, which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, a winner waives the right to i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, or ii) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto) and iii) acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize. The right to receive the prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, transfer, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of comparable or greater value.
- All federal, state, local and agency laws, regulations and ordinances apply. Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. If any provision of this Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state, local or agency law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state, local or agency law, regulation or ordinance to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any of the Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes are winner’s responsibility and a 2013 Form #1099 will be issued to prizewinner for $3,995.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and winning a prize, you agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of your name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice and city and state address for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU ARE CHOSEN AS A WINNER, YOUR FIRST NAME, FIRST INITIAL OF YOUR LAST NAME AND YOUR CITY AND STATE WILL BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BEING PLACED ON A WINNERS LIST.
- Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
- By entering, entrant agrees and acknowledges that any and all disputes, claims, action and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Providence County, Rhode Island without regard for conflicts of law doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental, multiplied or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or experts’ costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation, or exclusion, of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- For a Winners List: Send a self-addressed, properly stamped, #10, business envelope to: Winners — Ross-Simons " Very Merry Diamond Giveaway” Sweepstakes, Attn: Marketing, P.O. Box 20990, Cranston RI 02920-0990, to be received by January 30, 2014. Limit only one (1) request per outer mailing envelope. You cannot enter the Sweepstakes using this address. Entries mailed to this address will be discarded.
- This Promotion is sponsored by Ross-Simons, 9 Ross-Simons Drive, Cranston RI 02920 and administered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2013, The Marketing Agency