Mikimoto Pearls Jewelry
Ross-Simons seeks out the world's most influential jewelry designers to bring you the very finest selection. Ross-Simons is proud to partner with Mikimoto, a world-class brand, synonymous with cultured pearls and a symbol of excellence in the jewelry world. A Mikimoto pearl necklace, bracelet or pair of earrings from Ross-Simons demonstrates exquisite taste and style.
About Mikimoto Pearls Jewelry
Over one hundred years ago, in 1893, Kokichi Mikimoto succeeded in producing the world's first cultured pearl. Since that day, Mikimoto continues to make history, creating gleaming, creamy pearls in its own distinctive style. Mikimoto pearls are referred to as hanadama, or 'flower pearls', a name that conveys the highest caliber of pearls. Ross-Simons is proud to offer an incredible selection of Mikimoto pearl necklaces, bracelet and pearl earrings.
Ross-Simons: Authorized Mikimoto Pearls Jewelry Retailer
Ross-Simons is pleased to be an authorized retailer for Mikimoto Jewelry. Each Mikimoto purchase comes with Ross-Simons' 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and FREE Shipping. Shop www.ross-simons.com to discover the creative artistry of Mikimoto Pearl Jewelry. To speak with our Mikimoto Pearls jewelry specialists, please call 800-249-2824, from 10am to 6pm Monday through Friday or 12:30 to 5pm on weekends.
Mikimoto Pearls Jewelry Design Philosophy
By devoting more than a century to understanding the sea and researching the oyster, Mikimoto has developed the highest standards of quality and consistency. Only the top 5% of the pearl harvest meets the strict quality standards of Mikimoto.
There are five physical factors considered to determine the quality and value of pearls: luster, surface protection, color, shape and size.
- Luster is the surface glow as well as the deep mirror-like reflection or "inner light".
- Surface protection refers to the tiny marks found on pearls as part of their natural texture.
- Colors range from white, cream and pink rose to gray, green and blue.
- Shapes and Sizes. Perfectly round pearls are the rarest and most valuable. Other shapes like teardrop, button and baroque are also favored. Value increases with size. The classic Akoya pearl ranges from 3.5mm to 10mm. South Sea (white, golden, or black) pearls range from 8mm up to about 18mm.
Mikimoto Grading System
Individual and unique, like a snowflake or fingerprint, each harvested pearl requires standards of excellence. The MIKIMOTO four-grade system is as follows:
- AAA is the highest quality grade for exceptional, mirror-like reflection and blemish-free surface.
- AA is for superb, clear reflection and only very slightly blemished surface.
- A+ follows for very good, clear reflection and only very slightly blemished surface.
- A grade is for good, clear reflection with only a very slightly blemished surface.
- Pearl Buying Guide
- Pearl Jewelry – Infographic
- Akoya Pearl Jewelry
- June: Pearl Jewelry
- Mabe Pearl Jewelry
- South Sea Pearl Jewelry
- Pearls Make Any Outfit Fancy
- Baroque Pearls
- Fashionable First Ladies
- Thoughtful Bridal Party Gifts
- Jewelry in the Roaring Twenties
- Jewelry Care Tips
- 10 Jewelry Must-Haves
- After Hours Fashion Flair
- The Art of Accessorizing — A Fashion Designer's Secrets
- Style Tips from Designer Kelly Dooley